JOHN J. KOLDUS, III AWARD
Recipients are recognized for their strong interest in overall student development and success.
The selection committee considers, but is not limited to, the following criteria:
- Contributions beyond occupational requirements through guidance, leadership and personal interest to enhance students’ experiences at Texas A&M University.
- Exemplifies the Aggie Core Values.
- Maintains direct student contact and is a role model.
- Serves as an advocate for students and student issues.
- Recognizes the uniqueness of every student.
- Shows a commitment to students’ wellbeing.
Recipients must meet the following eligibility requirements to be recognized:
- Be a current faculty or staff employee of Texas A&M University (Main Campus, Branch Campuses and Off-Site Locations)
- Not have received a John J. Koldus, III Award at any of the previous five DSA Awards ceremonies (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018).
- A memento and a $1,000 donation awarded to a student organization or student activity of the recipient’s choice
- Two individuals awarded
- Nomination Form (separate nomination letter is not required)
- Three one-page letters of support (Letters of support must be submitted from individuals other than the nominator)
- Professional Photo of Nominee
Any student, student organization, faculty, or staff member may nominate for this award.
Failure to follow nomination requirements exactly will result in a disqualified nomination. No exceptions will be made.
The nomination form will be open for submissions on January 13, and will close on February 19, 2019 at 5pm CST.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU COMPOSE YOUR NOMINATION IN A WORD DOCUMENT AND COPY/PASTE RESPECTIVE FIELDS INTO THE BELOW NOMINATION FORM.
The submission deadline has expired as of February 19, 2019, 5PM CST.
2018-2019: Dr. Donna Lang, Academic Affairs – Texas A&M University Galveston
2017-2018: Doug Burns, University Center & Special Events
2016-2017: Karen Cambronero, Veteran Resource and Support Center
2015-2016: Kristi L. Hosea, University Police Department
2014-2015: Colonel Gerald “Jerry” Smith, USMC (Ret.), Veteran Resource & Support Center