Recipients are recognized for their strong interest in overall student development and success.
The selection committee considers, but is not limited to, the following criteria:
- Contributions beyond occupational requirements through guidance, leadership and personal interest to enhance students’ experiences at Texas A&M University.
- Exemplifies the Aggie Core Values.
- Maintains direct student contact and is a role model.
- Serves as an advocate for students and student issues.
- Recognizes the uniqueness of every student.
- Shows a commitment to students’ wellbeing.
Recipients must meet the following eligibility requirements to be recognized:
- Be a current faculty or staff employee of Texas A&M University (Main Campus, Branch Campuses and Off-Site Locations)
- Not have received a John J. Koldus, III Award at any of the previous five DSA Awards ceremonies (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018).
- A memento and a $2,000 donation awarded to a student organization or student activity of the recipient’s choice
- One individual awarded
- Nomination Form (separate nomination letter is not required)
- Two one-page letters of support (Letters of support must be submitted from individuals other than the nominator)
- Professional Photo of Nominee
Any student, student organization, faculty, or staff member may nominate for this award.
Failure to follow nomination requirements exactly will result in a disqualified nomination. No exceptions will be made.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU COMPOSE YOUR NOMINATION IN A WORD DOCUMENT AND COPY/PASTE RESPECTIVE FIELDS INTO THE BELOW NOMINATION FORM.
2017-2018: Doug Burns, University Center & Special Events
2016-2017: Karen Cambronero, Veteran Resource and Support Center
2015-2016: Kristi L. Hosea, University Police Department
2014-2015: Colonel Gerald “Jerry” Smith, USMC (Ret.), Veteran Resource & Support Center
2013-2014: Marcia Drost, Mathematics