Enhancing Diversity Seminar Series
The Office of the Vice President and Associate Provost for Diversity host a seminar series.
QPR for Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
Student Counseling Service provides this two hour training to help you learn how to save someone’s life.
Center for Teaching Excellence
CTE offers a variety of workshops to assist instructors with enhancement of teaching practice.
Employee and Organizational Development
Offers a variety of workshops, programs and consulting services designed to enhance the professional growth and effectiveness of Texas A&M University’s employees and workgroups.
Many online training modules are offered through the TrainTraq system. Use your Single Sign on account to access.
The Staff Development Team attempts to maintain a list of opportunities to help staff get more involved on campus and to develop professional networks. Click the link below to view the list.
The following list includes, many, but not all of the professional associations with which student affairs staff are affiliated. If you have a professional association to add to this list, please email the Staff Development Team co-chairs.
- American Counseling Association (ACA) — http://www.counseling.org/
- Association of College Administration Professionals (ACAP) — http://acap.webstarts.com/
- American College Counseling Association (ACCA) — http://www.collegecounseling.org/
- Association of Collegiate Conference and Events Directors – International (ACCED-I) — https://www.acced-i.org/
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA) — http://www.myacpa.org/
- Association of College Unions International (ACUI) — http://www.acui.org/
- Associations of College and University Business Officers (ACUBO) — http://www.nacubo.org/- (National Website) & http://www.sacubo.org/ – (Southern Website)
- Association of College and University Housing Officers – International (ACHOU-I) — http://www.acuho-i.org/
- Association of Fraternity Advisors (AFA) — http://www.afa1976.org/
- Association of Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD) — http://www.ahead.org/
- Association of Higher Education Parent/Family Programming Professionals (AHEPPP) — http://www.aheppp.org/
- The Association for Student Conduct Administration (ASCA) — http://www.theasca.org/
- Association for University and College Counseling Center Directors (AUCCCD) — http://www.aucccd.org/
- Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS) – CAS provides standards and guidelines toward student learning and development self-assessment on over 30 functional areas in higher education. — http://www.cas.edu/
- Council of Higher Education Management Associations (CHEMA) — http://www.chemanet.org/
- Council on Law in Higher Education (CLHE) — http://www.clhe.org/clhe/
- National Association for Campus Activities (NACA) — https://www.naca.org/Pages/default.aspx
- National Association of College and University Residence Halls (NACURH) — http://www.nacurh.org/
- National Association of College Auxiliary Services (NACAS) — http://www.nacas.org/
- National Association for Developmental Education (NADE) — http://www.nade.net/
- National Association of Educational Office Professionals — http://www.naeop.org/
- National Association of Student Affairs Professionals (NASAP) — http://www.nasap.net/
- National Association of Student Employment Administrators (NSEA) — http://www.nsea.info/
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) — http://www.naspa.org/
- National Career Development Association (NCDA) — http://www.ncda.org/aws/NCDA/pt/sp/home_page
- National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NISRSA) — http://nirsa.org/
- National Orientation Directors Association (NODA) — http://www.nodaweb.org/
- Southern Association of College Student Affairs — http://www.sacsa.org/
- Texas Educational Support Staff Association — http://www.tesatexas.org/