DSA COMMITTEE ON STUDENT LEARNING IN THE CO-CURRICULAR
The Division of Student Affairs (DSA) Committee on Student Learning in the Co-Curricular (CSL) promotes the understanding, implementation, assessment, and improvement of transformative learning experiences to prepare students to become integrative and lifelong learners. In support of the DSA strategic plan and other Texas A&M priorities, CSL provides resources for staff who facilitate co-curricular learning experiences for students.
- Create an environment where integrative and lifelong learning is encouraged.
- Provide training and professional development for staff on concepts of co-curricular student learning.
- Create and share methods for assessing and documenting student learning in the co-curricular.
- Provide guidance and support for the implementation of Division-wide student learning initiatives (i.e., Aggies RISE, HIP proposal solicitation and review, etc.).
- Contribute to the body of knowledge pertaining to student learning in the co-curricular.
The SLLO Project received national recognition from NASPA, Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education, through their Excellence Awards. The Project was featured in NASPA’s Excellence in Student Affairs and Teaching webinar on November 19, 2009. The Aggies RISE (Reflecting and Integrating Student Employment) was recognized by the NASPA Assessment, Evaluation, and Research Knowledge Community through an Innovation Award in 2014.
Student Leader Learning Outcomes (SLLO) Project
The SLLO initiative was created for students and advisors to document student leadership and growth over time. SLLO does not operate under one leadership theory, but seeks to use multiple leadership models to allow students and advisor to utilize their resources in a variety of arenas.