Recipients are recognized for their outstanding service towards assessing student learning at Texas A&M University.
The selection committee considers, but is not limited to the following criteria:
- Direct impact on students and/or student groups in creating an environment which enhances student learning in the co-curricular.
- Shows dedication on improving student learning in the co-curricular through using assessment results.
- Assessment of student learning is linked to the University, Division of Student Affairs, and/or supports the advancement of students achieving the institutional undergraduate/graduate learning outcomes.
Recipients must meet the following eligibility requirements to be recognized:
- Be a current Division of Student Affairs employee. Team nomination: all members must be current DSA employees. All staff below the DSA Department Directors are eligible.
- Be full-time and budgeted at least 50% time.
- Have a minimum of six months of service, as of February 20, 2019, 5pm CST, in current department or any other department within the Division of Student Affairs.
- Not have received an Assessment of Student Learning Award at any of the previous three DSA Awards ceremonies (2016, 2017 or 2018). Applies to individual nomination or all members of a team nomination.
- Individual: recipient will receive a $500 cash award and memento
- Team: individual plaques; team members will share a total cash award of $500
- One individual or team awarded
- Nomination Form (separate nomination letter is not required)
- Two one-page letters of support (Letters of support must be submitted from individuals other than the nominator)
- Professional Photo of Nominee
Failure to follow nomination requirements exactly will result in a disqualified nomination. No exceptions will be made.
The nomination form will be open for submissions on December 21, 2018, and will close on February 20, 2019 at 5pm CST.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU COMPOSE YOUR NOMINATION IN A WORD DOCUMENT AND COPY/PASTE RESPECTIVE FIELDS INTO THE NOMINATION FORM.
Past Assessment of Student Learning Award Recipients
2018-2019: Student Activities – Extended Orientation Team (Dr. Sarah Edwards, Andrew Carruth, Bradley Burroughs, Candace Woolverton, Alex Bregenzer)
2017-2018: Kyle McCracken, Residence Life
2016-2017: DSA Committee on Leadership Initiatives (Dr. Melissa Shehane, Katy King, Dr. Tony Brown, Dr. Gennie Lynn, Kelly Cox, Heather Wheeler, Varselles Cummings, Tearney Woodruff, Tia Crawford, Norma Nunez)