Recipients are recognized for significant contributions beyond the expectations of one’s position to create an environment that enhances the Student Affairs mission.
The selection committee considers, but is not limited to, the following criteria:
- Diversity and complexity of responsibilities.
- Excellence in performing job responsibilities.
- Dedication and commitment in going “above and beyond” the call of duty.
- A team player within the department and Division.
- Overall contributions to the Division and to Texas A&M University.
- Contributions to the student affairs profession.
- Direct or indirect impact on the development of students and student groups in creating an environment which enhances student development.
Recipients must meet the following eligibility requirements to be recognized:
- Be a current Division of Student Affairs employee. All staff below the DSA Department Directors are eligible.
- Be full-time and budgeted at least 50% time.
- Have a minimum of three years of service in the Division of Student Affairs, as of March 8, 2018.
- Not have received an Association of Former Students University-Level Award from May 2013 through May 2018.
- $2000 cash award and a framed certificate from The Association of Former Students
- One individual awarded
- Nomination Form (separate nomination letter is not required)
- Current biographical data or resume (submit with Nomination Form)
- No more than four one-page letters of support (submit with Nomination Form)
Failure to follow nomination requirements exactly will result in a disqualified nomination. No exceptions will be made.
The nomination form will be open for submissions on November 1, 2017, and will close on March 8, 2018 at 11:45pm CST.
- Tia Crawford, Student Activities
- James Welford, Recreational Sports
- Raye Leigh Stone, Memorial Student Center
- Judy Marrs, University Center & Special Events
- Risa Bierman, Offices of the Dean of Student Life
- Stephanie Baker, Offices of the Dean of Student Life
- Ashley Donaldson, Recreational Sports
- Michael Dulke, Office of the Commandant
- Meredith Malnar, Offices of the Dean of Student Life
- DeAun Woosley, Recreational Sports
- Jason Muchow, University Center & Special Events
- Kristen Harrell, Offices of the Dean of Student Life
- Sikirat Kazemm, Recreational Sports
- Melissa Shehane, Student Activities