Recipients are recognized for their strong interest in overall student development and success.
The selection committee considers, but is not limited to, the following criteria:
- Contributions beyond occupational requirements through guidance, leadership and personal interest to enhance students’ experiences at Texas A&M University.
- Exemplifies the Aggie Core Values.
- Maintains direct student contact and is a role model.
- Serves as an advocate for students and student issues.
- Recognizes the uniqueness of every student.
- Shows a commitment to students’ wellbeing.
Recipients must meet the following eligibility requirements to be recognized:
- Be a current faculty or staff employee of Texas A&M University, Bryan/College Station.
- Not have received a John J. Koldus, III Award at any of the previous five DSA Awards ceremonies (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 or 2017).
- A memento and a $2,000 donation awarded to a student organization or student activity of the recipient’s choice
- One individual awarded
- Nomination Form (separate nomination letter is not required)
- Minimum two, one-page letters of support (maximum of three letters accepted)
Any student, student organization, faculty, or staff member may nominate for this award.
Failure to follow nomination requirements exactly will result in a disqualified nomination. No exceptions will be made.
2016-2017: Karen Cambronero, Veteran Resource and Support Center
2015-2016: Kristi L. Hosea, University Police Department
2014-2015: Colonel Gerald “Jerry” Smith, USMC (Ret.), Veteran Resource & Support Center
2013-2014: Marcia Drost, Mathematics
2012-2013: Don Lewis, Mays Business School