Recipients are recognized for their strong interest in overall student development and success.
The selection committee considers, but is not limited to, the following criteria:
- Contributions beyond occupational requirements through guidance, leadership and personal interest to enhance students’ experiences at Texas A&M University.
- Exemplifies the Aggie Core Values.
- Maintains direct student contact and is a role model.
- Serves as an advocate for students and student issues.
- Recognizes the uniqueness of every student.
- Shows a commitment to students’ wellbeing.
Recipients must meet the following eligibility requirements to be recognized:
- Be a current faculty or staff employee of Texas A&M University.
- Not have received a John J. Koldus, III Award at any of the previous five DSA Awards ceremonies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 or 2016).
- A memento and a $2,000 donation awarded to a student organization or student activity of the recipient’s choice
- One individual awarded
- Nomination Form
- Two one-page letters of support
Any student, student organization, faculty, or staff member may nominate for this award.
It is recommended that individuals compose the nomination letter in a Word document then cut and paste into the text boxes below.
Nominations will not be accepted after February 20, 2017, 5:00pm CST.
2014-2015: Colonel Gerald “Jerry” Smith, USMC (Ret.), Veteran Resource & Support Center
2013-2014: Marcia Drost, Mathematics
2012-2013: Don Lewis, Mays Business School
2011-2012: Roy Lopez, Admissions and Records