A Hub for Student Success
Envision a new facility at Texas A&M University in which four key service providers can interact with students in a convenient campus location. In early spring 2020, the Division of Student Affairs will welcome students to the new Student Services Building, where they can access services in the areas of disability assistance, housing, counseling, and a variety of other programs.
Located in the heart of campus along Military Walk on the former site of Bizzell Hall, the Student Services Building will be a welcoming destination designed to enhance and activate the communal core of our campus by encouraging student interaction and collaboration among its resident departments.
Tall windows and inviting entryways will highlight this warm, highly visible, and easily accessible building. With clear views of Rudder Tower and Fountain, the Memorial Student Center, Academic Plaza, Simpson Drill Field and the Albritton Bell Tower, the facility is located along some of the most widely traversed walkways in Aggieland. Its forward-thinking design and materials complement nearby campus structures, and landscaping features will enhance the area while paying subtle tribute to the history of Bizzell Hall.
Inside students will find numerous key student services as well as bright, comfortable conference rooms and common areas where they can relax in a quiet environment.
Follow #NewStudentServicesBuilding on social media.
- LAKE | FLATO ARCHITECTS
- PBK architects
- Vaughn Construction
- 95,000 square feet
- Project cost: $42.6 million
- LEED Silver Standard
- Mid Fall 2017 – Demolition of Bizzell Hall
- Early Spring 2018 – Construction begins
- Late Fall 2019 – Departments move from White Creek
- Early Spring 2020 – Building opens for students
*Dates are subject to change.
Departments & Programs Housed in the Facility
- Personal and Group Counseling
- Psychiatric Services
- Stress Management & Biofeedback Services
- Study Skill and Career Interest Testing Services
- Accommodations Coordination
- Testing Administration Center
- Sign Language Interpreter & Transcription Services
- Assistive Technology Services
- Central Administrative Office
- Housing Assignments Office
- Academic Support Initiative
- Residence Education
- Office of the Dean of Student Life
- Consensual Language, Education, Awareness and Relationships (C.L.E.A.R.)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Resource Center
- Graduate and Professional Student Council
- Health Promotion
- New Student & Family Programs
- Off-Campus Student Services
- Student Assistance Services
- Student Conduct Office
- Student Legal Services
- Women’s Resource Center